There’s one huge aspect of epilepsy awareness training that other course just can’t cover…
… What is epilepsy really like? What does a seizure feel like? How does it affect your life?
All our training courses update and increase participants’ understanding of the epilepsies and provide a purposeful insight into what it feels like to have seizures. The course participants will learn how to support people during and after seizures, better identify all types of seizures and understand when seizures are a medical emergency.
Epilepsy Awareness Ltd courses teach the safe administration of buccal midazolam, enable managers to create safe emergency protocols and demonstrate competency to any regulator.
You will have the reassurance of knowing that your staff:
- Can identify all types of seizures
- Are competent in administering buccal midazolam
- Understand how to manage seizures in the most dignified way
Tell us what you need
We’ll come to you to deliver your training, wherever you are in the UK. Complete our booking form.
- Helping your team look after people with epilepsy in care. We work with local authorities, domiciliary care services and care homes and help them meet their Care Quality Commission Essential Standards. We’ll even help your team establish better ways of helping and relating to people with epilepsy in your care.
- Helping your team meet their required learning outcomes… for accreditation of Health and Social Care NVQs, diplomas and City and Guilds qualifications.
- Helping you employ people with epilepsy. We’ll teach you on everything you need to do to meet your legal and social requirements to help current or future employees with epilepsy enjoy a safe, secure and respectful experience at your company.
- Supporting you with epilepsy in your family. We’ll give you all the practical support you need to get the best possible outcome for the person with epilepsy.
We work with local authorities, residential and community care providers, day services for vulnerable people, charities, schools, further education colleges, universities, human resource departments and companies.
What is the training actually like?
We’d say, relaxed, informal, participative and fun! But more importantly, here’s what some of our delegates have said:
I just wanted to say thank you for the epilepsy training that you have delivered here at Larchwood House.
We have had an intense situation today with two individuals suffering tonic-clonic seizures and the supporting staff members responded brilliantly and confidently. They have all explained how much they have gained from the training that you have delivered – we all wanted to pass on to you. So thank you from all of us at Larchwood House!
– Emily Palmer, Larchwood House
We are delighted to be working with Sally. She is knowledgeable, personable and extremely reliable; and all training sessions are designed around our precise needs at the time. The feedback from the staff have all said that the training is very enjoyable
– Neil Davis, New Partnerships
You can give us a call on 01636 682888 to discuss your requirements in detail, or drop us a line via our booking form